Monday, July 2, 2007

Job Performance


Share |

A little boy went into a drug store, reached for a soda carton and pulled it
over to the telephone. He climbed onto the carton so that he could reach the
buttons on the phone and proceeded to punch in seven digits. The store-owner
observed and listened to the conversation: The boy asked," Lady, Can you
give me the job of cutting your lawn? The woman replied, "I already have
someone to cut my lawn." Lady, I will cut your lawn for half the price of
the person who cuts your lawn now." replied boy. The woman responded that
she was very satisfied with the person who was presently cutting her lawn.
The little boy found more perseverance and offered," Lady, I'll even sweep
your curb and your sidewalk, so on Sunday you will have the prettiest lawn
in all of North Palm beach, Florida." Again the woman answered in the
negative. With a smile on his face, the little boy replaced the receiver.


The store-owner, who was listening to all, this, walked over to the boy and
said," Son... I like your attitude; I like that positive spirit and, would
like to offer you a job." The little boy replied, "No thanks, I was just
checking my performance with the job I already have. I am the one who is
working for that lady, I was talking to!"

Share |

No comments yet